Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chick-Fil-A

My boy is on his way home! Hurray! He has been on vacation with the family of his friend Patrick this week. They stopped in Maryland then spent a week in North Carolina at a house 3 doors from the beach (unfortunately the beach has been closed for most of the trip because of Katia).

Anyway, I got a text a bit ago from my friend Liz (Patrick's mom) saying that they were at Chick-Fil-A in Virginia which automatically made me break out in song. We like Tim Hawkins around here. We often have long periods of time that we just click through his videos on Youtube and whenever Chick-fil-a is mentioned we have to sing the song. When I heard that Caleb was there I started singing the song then decided to make up our own version. I didn't bother changing the first couple verses but changed the last couple. Here it is:

Chick-fil-a, I could eat there seven times a day,
Where the people laugh and children play
Oh, I'm in love with Chick-fil-a.


Suddenly, I need waffle fries in front of me
And some nuggets and a large sweet tea
Oh Chick-fil-a, you set me free.


Kids get in the van so we can go there today,
But the nearest one is Erie
Boo-hoo-hoo too far away-ay-ay-ay.


Chick-fil-a, why are you so stinking far away?
Why don't you come to New York to stay?
Oh I'm in love with Chick-fil-a.


I think I decided to change the verses because last night the girls asked if we could go to Chick-fil-a (even though they know that it is super far away). Maybe I'll have the kids sing it and link a video on here.


Glad my boy is coming home even though we're kind of jealous he got Chick-fil-a today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!