Thursday, July 19, 2018

Memories of His faithfulness

Facebook memories are so good for my soul. They are stones of remembrance that I can look back on in faith knowing that, just as my dear faithful Father took care of me all of those times He is still with us and He knows the next part of the story that we can't see yet.

This morning my memories took me back to that season of uncertainty at the beginning of medical school when fears were high because we didn't have a place to live as of the 1st of the month. Looking back I can see His faithfulness in allowing us to not have our own place for 2.5 months as we watched Him provide in amazing ways and through amazing people.

They also took me back to a year later when we discovered we had bedbugs and endured a hard, isolating summer getting rid of them. I’m so thankful that it was Glenn’s “last summer vacation” so he had time to work on getting rid of them and he had a summer job so we could pay for all the expensive chemicals and mattress covers.

Often they tell of the Facebook beginning of friendships I’ve made on this journey. Today's also reminded me to choose joy even in difficult circumstances which was from the beginning of residency while living in the heat of Texas with one weak window a/c unit. (I've heard we get 3 where we’re moving!).

This month my scripture writing plan has been about God being our refuge and has been so good for my soul. This morning I got to write out part of Psalms 46, one of my favorites:

“Dieu est pour nous un refuge et un appui, un secours toujours présent dans la détresse. C’est pourquoi nous sommes sans crainte quand la terre est bouleversée, quand les montagnes sont ébranlées au cœur des mers et que les flots de la mer mugissent, écument, se soulèvent jusqu’à faire trembler les montagnes. – Pause. Les bras d’un fleuve réjouissent la ville de Dieu, le sanctuaire des demeures du Très-Haut. Dieu est au milieu d’elle: elle n’est pas ébranlée; Dieu la secourt dès le point du jour. Des nations s’agitent, des royaumes sont ébranlés: il fait entendre sa voix, et la terre tombe en défaillance. L’Eternel, le maître de l’univers, est avec nous, le Dieu de Jacob est une forteresse pour nous. – Pause.
«Arrêtez, et sachez que je suis Dieu! Je domine sur les nations, je domine sur la terre.» L’Eternel, le maître de l’univers, est avec nous, le Dieu de Jacob est pour nous une forteresse. – Pause.”
‭‭Psaumes‬ ‭46:2-8, 11-12‬ 
“God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, The holy dwelling places of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered; He raised His voice, the earth melted. The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.” Psalms‬ ‭46:1-7, 10-11‬ 

Then the Psalm for the day on PrayerMate was Psalm 139, such a good one! I'm so thankful for these little hugs that have helped to relieve the anxiety that I've been battling. I'm so thankful that He goes before us, He is with us, He is our refuge, He knows our needs, He knows the struggles that will come and how He will work out all the details, and He will be exalted. Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!