Friday, October 11, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

I'm not ordinary. At least I think I'm not.

Some days I do long to be ordinary.

When it comes down to it I don't think I really have ever wanted to be ordinary. To be honest I'm jealous of the friends whose blogs I follow raising their families overseas whose lives are way less ordinary than mine. I always thought I would be doing that and the idea that I may always be here in the States living an ordinary life has been a hard pill for me to swallow. I know that if that is what God has for me He will give me the grace everyday to live this ordinary life for Him here. I know we'll be here for at least the next 3-4 years of residency living the ordinary lives of a resident physician and homeschooling momma of four. God calls us to obedience to Him in the every moment of every day not just in the extraordinary.

I long to be obedient to Jesus and to bring glory to Him in this ordinary. If, someday, He calls me to something different I pray that I will be obedient to Him and bring glory to Him then as well.

For now I'll be be an ordinary servant of the Most High God and a life spent chasing after Him is never ordinary.

Linking up for Five Minute Friday.
Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!